Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy 6 Weeks AJ!

AJ is 6 weeks old today! I cannot believe it has already been a month and a half. I did a back of the envelope weight check and AJ is about 10 pounds now! That is right on track considering newborns are supposed to gain half a pound each week.

Our Monday has been nothing out of the ordinary. Tyler is loving being able to stay home and go to the "playhouse" which is a gym class we take him to each Monday. There was a new girl in his gym class whose mom is...um...to describe her in two words I would say high maintenance. Now pardon my bitterness but if it wasn't for her bleached blond hair, I would say she is a prime contestant for Jersey Shore. She had a lovely orange glow, caked on makeup, fake nails, and a white headband that had a flower the size of my head. Now don't get me wrong, I am by no means jealous of any of her physical features...hahahaha. I mean she seemed physically fit but she also had that demeanor of "I am better than you", perhaps it was the headband that screamed it. Who knows!?! Now getting to the point, her daughter and Tyler were in the ball pit with the "terror" of their class. I have deemed one kid in that class as the "terror" because he has no sense of respect for others. The kid doesn't know how to wait his turn, share, and if he wants to touch (more like claw) at something...he will go for it. With that said, the "terror" had managed to grab at the girl and ended up ripping out her earring. His mom promptly removed him from the ball pit and gave the earring back to the J. Shore mom and then ran off after her terror. Little did I know, J. Shore mom thought Tyler ripped the earring out so here we are both watching our kids in the ball pit and she is glaring at me. How did I know she was glaring, you ask? It was the fact that I literally could not see her retinas anymore, all I could see was black eyeliner with some lashes. The terror and his mom interrupted the moment as she mentioned that the terror wanted to apologize for ripping out her earring. J. Shore mom seemed confused as she replied, "oh...he was the one that ripped it out?" Like WTF lady? My son wasn't even near your sweet daughter (she must get that from her father). For heaven's sake, there are 1 year olds that are bigger than Tyler so what makes you think he is capable of ripping out your daughter's earringj as he is minding his own business and doesn't even acknowledge your daughter. She is a cutie but obviously my son isn't attracted to her...and let me tell you, when he likes what he sees he crushes hard.

That is my blurb for today. We've spend the last 3 years raising Tyler to be polite, courteous, and respectful for others. We know for a fact it has paid off considering that he always says his please and thank you, and always answers with sir or ma'am. You can make fun of us all you want saying that we are wannabe southeners but we would rather have offspring that is more of an asset to society than your spray tan, thank you very much.

Spray tan out...

No comments:

Post a Comment