Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy 8 Weeks Old AJ!!! And More...

AJ is eight weeks old today and he is doing quite well! AJ's two month birthday is this Saturday which is also the same day we are celebrating his big brother's third birthday (coincidence, no lie). The nose congestion has gradually went away and AJ is still the happy baby that he is.

This past weekend we went over to Spokane for my dear college friend's wedding. In doing so, I decided that it was probably a good time to do some self maintenance conisdering I have spent very little time for myself since having AJ. The weekend before I went and got a haircut, this time getting bangs similar to Snooki (yes, she was mentioned in my blog) even though I originally got the idea from Tyra Banks. Let's just say, nothing is more awkward than getting a haircut and the noticing the person right next to you is getting the exact same haircut (bangs included). It was extremely awkward and I felt I was on the losing end since it looked better on her instead of me. Note to self, never get bangs again...it also started giving me bad flashbacks to my high school days.

So days before we left for the wedding, I also decided to get my eyebrows and upper lip groomed and I went ahead and got eyelash extensions for the third time. Please note the keywords in that last sentence: third time. The morning after (Friday morning) my eyelash extensions, my left eye was completely bloodshot and would not stop tearing up. I thought this was due to my contact since my eye had stung after taking out my contacts the night before. Like always, I tried not to rub my eyes and thought my eye will get better. As the day progressed my eye did not improve and eventually my right eye decided to join the misery. By the time we reached Spokane at 8pm, I looked as if I had been into some sort of drug escapade. So as I perused the Walmart supercenter in Spokane you can only imagine the looks I was receiving. I was hoping people figured it out when I was buying benadryl along with the numerous things I had forgotten to pack, I always forget to pack about 10 items each trip.

To add to the awkwardness, we had pulled up to the wrong valet at the Davenport because apparently we were staying at the Tower instead of the Davenport itself. Mind you, these two places are kiddie corner from one another with their self-park garage occupying a third corner. However, there is no skybridges linking the three buildings which I found quite odd. So here we were walking the streets of Spokane with our bell cart riddled with our belongings including my nursing pillow, our 10 pairs of shoes we decided did not belong in its on bag, and of course I am pushing our stroller, bloodshot eyes and all. Hey, it is pretty hard traveling with a newborn. Low and behold the Davenport Tower must be the place to hangout because it was packed with people enjoying drinks, waiting to check-in, grabbing a bite to eat, waiting for a taxi, etc. Everyone dressed up in Spokane seemed to have congregated in the Tower's lobby. While walking over to the Tower, Ryan and I realized that we had forgotten to break our $20. So all we had to tip our poor bellboy that had to walk us over was $1. There is no way to make $1 seem like a lot of cash, especially if he had a long walk back to realize it was only one measly dollar. FAIL. Ryan and I are now thinking how frugal we look pulling up to the Davenport in a luxury SUV wearing designer clothes and pushing one of the most extravagant strollers currently on the market, except we only tip $1. We either look like arrogant bastards or we probably belong in the pool of people that foreclosed on their homes because we bought ours during the boom and now we live in our car. I'm unsure which one I would rather be considered to be a part of. Finally we were ablel to get settled and I was hoping the benadryl would help my eyes they would look better in the morning.

Saturday morning I awake with my eyes swollen and crusted shut. I am convinced I have pink eye except I knew swollen eyes isn't associated with pink eye. After taking a shower and trying to blot my face dry, I realize that my eyelids are in excruciating pain. I look in the mirror and I swear that I resembled Will Smith in Hitch. Well that is an overexaggerating since my ears were not swollen, but my eyes definitely resembled Hitch's. I explain to Katy what is going on and have her look at my eyes when they meet us up for lunch that day. Her and Wayne literally walk into our room and I wish I had captured her face on camera, I knew my eyes were bad. I somehow managed to still appear in public by going to the mall, I think I just tried avoiding eye contact with everyone. I also used the same approach at the wedding. Unfortunately, there are some pictures with me in them and you can definitely tell there is something wrong with my eyes. Ugh, what a way to make my first official public appearance after having a baby memorable.

On the other hand, the wedding was beautiful. I cannot be more excited for Holly and Erik, especially because they have decided to take their honeymoon in Fiji. They are also staying at the same place Ryan and I stayed at, Lomani Island Resort (which I highly reccommend)! Holly and Erik compliment each other really well and I cannot wait to watch where their new life together takes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment